gcc49 vs gcc48

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 18:18:57 PDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 9:15 PM, David Strubbe <dstrubbe at macports.org>
wrote:

> The problem that was being mentioned here is that gcc48 doesn't build.
> That should not imply that ports already built with gcc48 have any problem.
> So there is no need to recompile anything. Just when building new ports use
> a different version not gcc48.

But there are ports (and I believe one of them was at the start of this
thread) that bake specific compilers into themselves, and therefore have
compiler-specific variants.

That said, the fix for this is to look for any +gcc48 on ports to be
installed and replace it with +gcc49. (Ports that had +gcc48 as default
variant *should* use a different compiler already; if not, file a bug.)