boost libc++ issue (was libvisio error)

David Evans devans at macports.org
Sat Sep 5 08:36:55 PDT 2015

On 9/5/15 7:41 AM, echothevoid wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I  got an error after running regular sudo port upgrade outdatedcommand.
> The log tells me that:
> :info:build /opt/local/include/boost/thread/detail/move.hpp:31:10: fatal error: 'type_traits' file not found
> I have found a similar issue on: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14104298/clang-boostspirit-and-c11 but do not know
> how to fix it in the macport's way.
> I am using 10.7.5 Lion, with Xcode version 4.6.3.
> The outcome of:
> port installed | grep gcc
>   gcc49 @4.9.3_0 (active)
>   gcc_select @0.1_8 (active)
>   libgcc @5.2.0_0 (active)
>
> Can you suggest a newbie like me what to do next?
>
> Many thanks,
> void

As indicated in your stackoverflow.com reference, this is not a problem with libvisio per se but a problem with boost
when using libstdc++ (default c++ lib on Mac OS X earlier than 10.9).  This builds correctly on 10.9+ where libc++ is
the default.

Now that trac is back up, suggest you file a ticket against boost including the information included in this message and
attach your log file there as well.  Don't forget to CC the boost maintainer.  He will probably want to file a bug
report upstream with the boost developers.

port info --maintainer boost

CCing the boost maintainer now for his info.

Dave