Writing portfiles: How to download a master.zip and not a master.zip.tar.gz

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Sep 6 19:29:43 PDT 2015

On Sep 6, 2015, at 19:34, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:

> Thanks to your help I am now one step further. Now it fails when trying to configure the port:
>
> --->  Configuring torch
> sh: ./configure: No such file or directory

The default for the configure phase is to run a script called configure. I guess this project doesn't have one.

> This happens because this whole project is based on a rather weird build system with shell scripts downloaded from remote hosts and executed locally, it uses homebrew, cmake and luarocks to build the whole thing …

Everything that is needed should be fetched in the fetch phase. We would not want a build system to fetch additional files. We do have a couple ports that do this, but it causes various problems and should be avoided.

> I managed to work around homebrew for now. I have no idea how to skip the configure phase of macports nor how to invoke install.sh later … any ideas?

If you want there to be no configure phase, use:

use_configure no

If instead you want to run a different program in the configure phase, change configure.cmd and possible configure.args and configure.pre_args to match.

This should already be mentioned in the guide...