Linking curl, lz, and ldl to netCDF

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Sep 23 13:40:05 PDT 2015

On Sep 23, 2015, at 2:49 PM, Ryan Jamison wrote:

> I was wondering how one goes about linking curl (-lcurl), -lz, and -ldl to netCDF that's build through Macports? Thanks,

Looks like curl support is added to netcdf by enabling the dap variant. It's on by default so you should already have it, unless you explicitly disabled it.

My copy of netcdf is also already linking with libz. I'm not sure if that's because of curl (which itself depends on libz) or for other reasons. Maybe netcdf needs to have a zlib dependency added.

My copy of netcdf is not linked with libdl and I don't see a way in the portfile to do that. What would linking with libdl accomplish?