jython won't activate...

Carlo Tambuatco oraclmaster at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 15:34:26 PDT 2016

From running

$> sudo port activate jython

Error: org.macports.activate for port jython returned: Image error: /opt/local/share/java/jython/cachedir/packages/MRJToolkit.pkc already exists and does not belong to a registered port.  Unable to activate port jython. Use 'port -f activate jython' to force the activation.
Please see the log file for port jython for details:
   /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_registry_portfiles_jython-2.7.0_0_cd2dbc950d41a937798a03a6a2017ecdc4ee698a8850a64ac74d1d4c0b0b4cdf-2841/jython/main.log
Warning: Failed to execute portfile from registry for jython @2.7.0_0+installer
--->  Activating jython @2.7.0_0+installer
Error: port activate failed: Image error: /opt/local/share/java/jython/cachedir/packages/MRJToolkit.pkc already exists and does not belong to a registered port.  Unable to activate port jython. Use 'port -f activate jython' to force the activation.

Yeah I know what it says, but I’m afraid to force the activation because I don’t know what else will be affected.

Log file is attached.