Port leaves to keep build requirements

Peter Brommer p.brommer at warwick.ac.uk
Fri Jan 22 03:18:55 PST 2016

Hi,

I occasionally use "port uninstall leaves” to, well, uninstall leaves (limited hard disk space). However if I don’t pay attention this will also uninstall packages that are build requirements of other packages (afaik, it will only keep runtime dependencies). This is a bit of an issue on El Capitan, as every package has to be built, and so the next time a package gets updated, I have a huge project building all the build dependencies that port uninstall leaves indiscriminately removed.

Is there any way to tell the “leaves” target to also ignore build dependencies of requested packages (and their dependencies)? If not, should I file a feature request bug?

Thanks,

Peter