Install libffi on Mac OSX

Asra Hassan ahassa23 at uic.edu
Thu Jul 14 13:48:01 PDT 2016

I'm trying to download demeter on m Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan and to do so, I followed the steps as listed on the website by downloading xcode and xcode command line, I agreed to the license and I downloaded macport of my version of OSx. However, every time I try to run the following sudo port install xorg-server demeter  it gives me the following error msgs failed to install libfii and processing of port demeter failed,"file of the full error msg attached". I was wondering if anyone can help me solving this problem, it will be highly appreciated.
Looking forward to hearing from you Thanks
Asra HassanPhD Candidate- Prof. Snee GroupDepartment of ChemistryUniversity of Illinois, Chicagoahassa23 at uic.edu