clang 3.4 can't be configured (part of a selfupdate)

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 13:05:45 PDT 2016

> I followed the instructions for full uninstall: https://guide.macports.org/chunked/installing.macports.uninstalling.html

That is infinitely better, and gets all the other bits and pieces that might cause trouble.

> this is the only occurence of "build_arch" in macports.conf, and is commented out, so shouldn't be taken into account:
> #build_arch             i386
>
> Comes from the most recent install of MacPorts. Should I replace it by
> build_arch	          x86_64
> ?

I believe macports automatically sets build_arch to the proper value depending on your hardware <https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201948>.

<https://guide.macports.org/chunked/internals.configuration-files.html>

Don't forget, in macports.conf, the commented out values are actually the default values being used, they are not really ignored.

Best,