Thank you all for the wonderful MacPorts Meeting in Slovenia (and see you again soon ...)

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Fri Mar 18 03:29:18 PDT 2016

Hi,

All good things come to an end and so did the wonderful week that we
spent together in Gozd Martuljek.

While I was initially hoping to see a larger group of people come
together, the relatively small group of hackers eventually turned out
to be the perfect recipe for boosting up the motivation, allowing us
for very productive one-to-one learning experience and hacking
sessions, resulting in quite satisfactory amount of work being done,
new people getting confidence in hacking the core of MacPorts, new
people joining the project, ...

The spirit was so motivating that our "chef" nearly had to tear us
apart from the notebooks to make us come to the lunch and dinner.
Nevertheless we still managed to find some time to enjoy the wonderful
weather playing snowleyball on fresh air.

Special thanks to Ryan for joining us in a remote session, to Rainer
for representing the PortMgr, to Clemens for convincing us that
hacking the base might not be as scary as it sounds, for attracting
and mentoring new developers, to Dagobert for bringing in a fresh
perspective from a different package manager and helping us with the
buildbot setup, to Jackson for flying in from the other side of the
globe, to Peter for keeping us awake with Italian coffee and not
minding to completely change his meeting agenda, to our cook Darko.
And finally to Aljaž who set up all the infrastructure for the
conference and helped a lot with preparation work.

Some moments have been captured in https://twitter.com/macports, but
during the week we are all too busy to document everything we have
done and everything that we discussed. You may expect the minutes from
the meeting arriving in not too distant future though.

We all agreed that we have to meet again. So stay tuned.

Mojca