port terminates under OS X 10.11.4

Merton Campbell Crockett m.c.crockett at roadrunner.com
Tue Mar 22 19:50:54 PDT 2016

I upgraded to OS X 10.11.4 this afternoon.  Also, I upgraded Xcode to Xcode 7.3.  I thought that I should check for any MacPorts updates and encountered the following error.

Error: Current platform "darwin 15" does not match expected platform "darwin 14"
Error: If you upgraded your OS, please follow the migration instructions: https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration
OS platform mismatch
    while executing
"mportinit ui_options global_options global_variations"
Error: /opt/local/bin/port: Failed to initialize MacPorts, OS platform mismatch

It seems strange that the Darwin version would change with OS X 10.11.4.  Have I just been “lucky” with using the port command since upgrading to OS X 10.11?

Since the port command no longer works, I presume that I need to download and install the MacPorts package.

--
Merton Campbell Crockett
e-mail:   m.c.crockett at roadrunner.com
mobile:  1(805)377-6762