Dovecot Setup Issue.

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Thu May 5 09:08:59 PDT 2016

> On May 4, 2016, at 6:35 PM, Karl Willoughby <karl at wyltowyn.nzld.com> wrote:
>
> Hi MacPorts Users.
>
> I have a Mac mini running OS X Yosemite and I'm attempting to follow these instructions:
> https://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/SetupDovecot <https://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/SetupDovecot>
I did not realize this wiki article exists. It should be removed as the “dovecot” port is ancient.

You should use the “dovecot2” port. If you want virtual users look at one of the sql variants:
port variants dovecot2

Example for virtual users in mysql:
sudo port install dovecot2 +mysql56

If you want sieve support (server side filtering) install the dovecot2-sieve port:
sudo port install dovecot2-sieve

If you want to train/retrain messages as spam by dragging message from/to a “Junk” folder install the dovecot2-antispam port:
sudo port install dovecot2-antispam

After that you should be able to follow most any dovecot2 configuration howto, skipping the install parts.

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)