WebKit2-GTK: quartz VS XQuartz

Andrea Giammarchi andrea.giammarchi at gmail.com
Sat May 7 16:29:16 PDT 2016

I understand the combinatory logic of your answer, hence I'm saying quartz
variant should be the default. I don't know why the X11 version is
currently the one, I don't think anyone would visually prefer that these
days and I don't know who preferred that in the past. GTK3 +quartz and
WebKit2-GTK +quartz might be a very useful hard coded exceptions that would
make developers like me happy to have by default. The alternative is
Homebrew or native builds on quarts like the GTK mailing list itself is
suggesting. So again ... why X11 as default? AFAIK everyone is trying to
move away from it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯