can't figure this out...

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun May 8 12:36:35 PDT 2016

Chilli,

You should write to the macports-users mailing list for help using MacPorts. I'm adding the list's address to the Cc line of my reply. You should subscribe to the list if you're not already, and use the Reply All function when you reply so that the conversation can stay on the list.

On May 8, 2016, at 2:36 AM, chilli.namesake at gmail.com wrote:

> On May 8, 2016, at 12:15 AM, "chilli.namesake at gmail.com" wrote:
>
>> Sorry to contact you directly, you've helped my install in the past with ports bugs...
>>
>> I can't figure out where the bug is... and I've been looking.
>>
>> first, I think gcc5 failed (and I didn't think that would build on 10.6 anyway) then wget failed to build, because perl5.22 failed, breaking some of my scripts, so I tried to build separately, and something definitely failed, but when I run self-update now, says wget and perl5.22 are no longer needing an update, wget seems to work again, but something isn't right because of the messages at the end of the build:
>>
>>>   invoked from within
>>> "macports::revupgrade $opts"
>>>   (procedure "action_revupgrade" line 2)
>>>   invoked from within
>>> "action_revupgrade $action $portlist $opts"
>>>   (procedure "action_upgrade" line 25)
>>>   invoked from within
>>> "$action_proc $action $portlist [array get global_options]"
>>>   (procedure "process_cmd" line 103)
>>>   invoked from within
>>> "process_cmd $remaining_args"
>>>   invoked from within
>>> "if { [llength $remaining_args] > 0 } {
>>>
>>>   # If there are remaining arguments, process those as a command
>>>   set exit_status [process_cmd $remaining..."
>>>   (file "/opt/local/bin/port" line 5268)

Here, you omitted the relevant lines of error, which would have been earlier in the log.

>> And I can't figure out where the bug or build error is to report it.
>>

>>> root at anar:~$ port logfile perl5.22
>>> Error: Log file not found for port in /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports/lang/perl5

This means there is no log file for perl5.22, so I guess that's not the port that actually has the problem.

>> Any suggestions? (at your convenience, of course!)
>>
>> Gracias, Amigo
>>
>> -Chilli

> I realize there is little you can do with the info I'm providing...
>
> gcc5 built. Can't believe that.

Yup, gcc5 builds fine on Snow Leopard. Note that the latest stable version of gcc is gcc6, which also builds fine there.

> Got some messages, I'm just trying to chip away at my updates and find whatever is causing the problem, still unclear to me because my fu is weak. Forging ahead with trial and error.
>
> Have a nice weekend.
>

> x ./opt/local/bin/x86_64-apple-darwin10-gcc-nm-mp-5
> x ./opt/local/bin/x86_64-apple-darwin10-gcc-ranlib-mp-5
> x ./opt/local/bin/x86_64-apple-darwin10-gcj-mp-5
> x ./opt/local/bin/x86_64-apple-darwin10-gfortran-mp-5
> --->  Cleaning gcc5
> --->  Removing work directory for gcc5
> --->  Updating database of binaries
> --->  Scanning binaries for linking errors
> Could not open /opt/local/lib/libgnutls.28.dylib: Error opening or reading file (referenced from /opt/local/bin/mencoder)
> Could not open /opt/local/lib/libpoppler.59.dylib: Error opening or reading file (referenced from /opt/local/libexec/texlive/binaries/luajittex)
> --->  Found 7 broken file(s), matching files to ports
> --->  Found 2 broken port(s), determining rebuild order
> --->  Rebuilding in order
>     MPlayer @1.2 +a52+aa+caca+mencoder_extras+smb+speex+x11
>     texlive-bin @2015 +x11

After every port installation or upgrade, MacPorts runs something we call "rev-upgrade" which checks all your installed ports to see if they're still ok. In this case, it found that two of your existing ports are broken, and will try to rebuild them.

MPlayer is broken because it links with libgnutls version 28, but gnutls was updated to 3.4.x in r148228 which increased libgnutls' library version to 30. Therefore all ports linking with libgnutls need to be rebuilt, and should have had their revisions increased. MPlayer was overlooked, because it did not declare a dependency on gnutls. MPlayer's maintainer, Jeremy, fixed that today in r148433.

texlive-bin is broken because it links with libpoppler version 59, but poppler was updated to 0.43.x in r148256 which increased libpoppler's library version to 60. Therefore all ports linking with libpoppler need to be rebuilt, and should have had their revisions increased. texlive-bin did have its revision increased for this reason in r148257.

To receive these and any other fixes, you would run "sudo port selfupdate" and then "sudo port upgrade outdated".

> --->  Computing dependencies for mesa.
> --->  Applying patches to mesa
> --->  Applying 5001-glext.h-Add-missing-include-of-stddef.h-for-ptrdiff_.patch
> patching file include/GL/glext.h
> Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
> Apply anyway? [n]
> Skipping patch.
> 1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file include/GL/glext.h.rej

This problem occurred because mesa failed the patch phase before for an unknown reason, and then you tried it again without cleaning first. Run "sudo port clean mesa", then try again. (Always clean the affected port and try again before reporting a problem.) If it fails again, show us the new main.log file.