Issues installing rvm?

André-John Mas andrejohn.mas at gmail.com
Fri May 13 07:11:05 PDT 2016

Hi,

I am running into issues installing rvm onto a MacOS 10.11.x system.

First thing I did was a `port selfupdate`, followed by `port install rvm`, which gives me:

sudo port install rvm
--->  Computing dependencies for rvm
--->  Dependencies to be installed: rsync
--->  Fetching archive for rsync
--->  Attempting to fetch rsync-3.1.2_0.darwin_15.x86_64.tbz2 from https://packages.macports.org/rsync
--->  Attempting to fetch rsync-3.1.2_0.darwin_15.x86_64.tbz2.rmd160 from https://packages.macports.org/rsync
--->  Installing rsync @3.1.2_0
--->  Activating rsync @3.1.2_0

To use the rsyncd server you must copy /opt/local/etc/rsyncd.conf.example to rsyncd.conf and add your modules there. See 'man rsyncd.conf' for more information.

--->  Cleaning rsync
--->  Fetching archive for rvm
--->  Attempting to fetch rvm-1.07_0.darwin_15.x86_64.tbz2 from https://packages.macports.org/rvm
--->  Attempting to fetch rvm-1.07_0.darwin_15.x86_64.tbz2 from http://mse.uk.packages.macports.org/sites/packages.macports.org/rvm
--->  Attempting to fetch rvm-1.07_0.darwin_15.x86_64.tbz2 from http://lil.fr.packages.macports.org/rvm
--->  Fetching distfiles for rvm
--->  Attempting to fetch rvm_1.07.tar.gz from http://iweb.dl.sourceforge.net/rvm
--->  Verifying checksums for rvm
Error: Checksum (md5) mismatch for rvm_1.07.tar.gz
Error: Checksum (sha1) mismatch for rvm_1.07.tar.gz
Error: Checksum (rmd160) mismatch for rvm_1.07.tar.gz
***
The non-matching file appears to be HTML. See this page for possible reasons
for the checksum mismatch:
<https://trac.macports.org/wiki/MisbehavingServers>
***
The file has been moved to: /opt/local/var/macports/distfiles/rvm/rvm_1.07.tar.gz.html
Error: org.macports.checksum for port rvm returned: Unable to verify file checksums
Please see the log file for port rvm for details:
    /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_sysutils_rvm/rvm/main.log
To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:
    http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets
Error: Processing of port rvm failed

Before opening  a ticket I want to be sure there isn't something else I should be looking at? At the same time, the fact the
intended download results in an HTML page suggest a URL might need updating somewhere?

Thanks

Andre