Issues installing rvm?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue May 17 00:12:53 PDT 2016

On May 13, 2016, at 10:53 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> I tried to fix the master_sites field for the port, but since my
> macports is always fetching the file from the mirror, I don't know how
> to verify the change.

Looks good to me. I had that same change queued up in my working copy but I had forgotten to commit it.

The way I verify these things is to run "port distfiles rvm". Pick one of the upstream URLs from the list that's printed, select (triple-click) and copy (Command-C) it. For example in this case since the failing mirror was the SourceForge iweb mirror, I would pick that one. Then type "curl -IL ", paste the URL you copied, press Return. Verify that the output contains the 200 OK status code and a reasonable-looking Content-Length and Content-Type.

I can confirm that the master_sites previously in the port was not delivering the correct file (but was instead delivering an HTML file listing the available files) but it's unclear why; obviously they used to work. The problem appears to be specific to both the iweb mirror and the rvm port; I don't see the same problem with other mirrors or other ports.