Error installing gmp

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu May 19 06:07:14 PDT 2016

On May 19, 2016, at 6:22 AM, John T. Chung wrote:

> On Thursday, May 19, 2016, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On May 19, 2016, at 5:19 AM, John T. Chung wrote:
>>
>> > I'm a macbook pro running OSX 10.8.5
>> > I'm trying to install gmp via mac ports but getting this error:
>> >
>> > sh-3.2# port install gmp
>> > Warning: The Xcode Command Line Tools don't appear to be installed; most ports will likely fail to build.
>>
>> > :info:configure configure: error: could not find a working compiler, see config.log for details
>>
>> Install the command line tools.
>

> Ryan the odd thing is that I have I installed them...
> I can compile so not sure why it's giving that error... what directory should the command line reside under???

Remember to Reply All so the conversation stays on the list.

Does reinstalling the command line tools change anything? Make sure you get the version matching your version of Xcode. For OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, the latest Xcode is 5.1.1, so get the "Command Line Tools (OS X Mountain Lion) for Xcode - April 2014" from https://developer.apple.com/downloads/ to go with that.