Failed build of OpenBlas on El Capitan

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue May 24 08:00:58 PDT 2016

On May 24, 2016, at 9:23 AM, Comer Duncan wrote:

> Yesterday I upgraded mac os to El Capitan. All went fine.  Later I went through the recommended process for macport changes when a new os is installed.  I am getting a crash on the build of OpenBlas.  I am attaching the log file and hope that someone has seen this problem before and can help.

Note that it's not a crash; just a build failure. It looks identical to the one reported here:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/50950

That user was on Yosemite and using the gcc5 variant. You're using the gcc48 variant. The latest stable version of gcc is now 6. Can you re-try and use the gcc6 variant this time? Or, if there is not a specific reason why you need openblas built with gcc, use the default variants.

Also, if you upgraded to El Capitan, did you upgrade Xcode and the command line developer tools too? Use the latest version of both, currently 7.3.1.