Octave won't start, looks for legacy Java SE 6 runtime

Marius Schamschula lists at schamschula.com
Tue May 24 08:15:52 PDT 2016

Ryan,

On May 24, 2016, at 10:08 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> On May 24, 2016, at 9:36 AM, Murray Eisenberg wrote:
>
>> (I’m unsure why I installed with the +java variant in the first place!)
>
> Looks like +java is in octave's default variants, so you'd get it, unless you specifically disabled it.

I think making the +java default might may have been a mistake, as this also prevents the build bots from successfully building any octave packages. The build bots apparently don’t have access to JRE. I ran into two of those failures yesterday, when updating octave-netcdf and octave-spline. I’ve built octave with -java, and thus the packages build normally on my local machines.

Marius
--
Marius Schamschula