webkit-gtk2: Will it ever be fixed?

Bachsau web at bachsau.name
Sat Oct 22 13:20:09 PDT 2016

Am 21.10.16 um 22:37 schrieb David Evans:
> I understand your opinion but, in fact, X11 is generally the default.  We port much more than just macOS native
> software, much of it from Linux, so X11 is the de facto default for historical reasons and because it represents the
> majority of the ports.  Ports that support macOS native UI's are in the minority by far.

Maybe. See, I create platform independant applications using Python 3,
GTK 3 and Glade, and I want to see how they behave and look in native
windows and on my retina display. Even though I'm currently not using
webkit controls, it is a dependency for Glade, which I'm trying to install.

> Thank you, that will help.  To fix something we need to be able to recreate the problem.
>
> Since our last conversation, there have been some +quartz fixes committed to this port so please make sure that you
> have the latest version by using
>
> sudo port selfupdate

I tried, but it failed again. Logfile attached & thanks for your help. :)