[MacRuby-devel] Changes in TextMate Support for MacRuby

Charles Turner vze26m98 at optonline.net
Mon Aug 18 08:11:21 PDT 2008

Hi all-

Hopefully I'll keep this up. Here are some changes to get MacRuby to
work with the Textmate Ruby support. I'm sing TextMate Version 1.5.7
(1436), and MacRuby version 0.3 (ruby 1.9.0 2008-06-03)
[universal-darwin9.4].

There are several places in
TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Support/lib/io.rb that use the old
1.8 "when :" syntax:

colon.rb:5: syntax error, unexpected ':', expecting keyword_then or ','
or ';' or '\n'
  when 1: print "one\n"
         ^

As I'm new to Ruby, I just changed these to "when 1 then..." and so on.
Perhaps there's a more elegant way.

Also, upgrading the rcodetools in Ruby.tmbundle/support/vendor from the
0.5.0 to 0.8.0 version made some bad stuff go away. The tarball is
available at:

<http://eigenclass.org/hiki.rb?rcodetools>

And finally, if it makes any difference, I'm running MacRuby by setting
my TM_RUBY environment variable to
"/Library/Frameworks/MacRuby.framework/Versions/0.3/usr/bin/macruby" in
the Advanced Preferences.

I'll post more as I find and fix...

HTH, Charles