[MacRuby-devel] [MacRuby] #174: Allow embedding of arbitrary versions of MacRuby

Matt Mower self at mattmower.com
Wed Dec 10 02:33:08 PST 2008

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 7:32 PM, Laurent Sansonetti
<lsansonetti at apple.com> wrote:
> If really you cannot live with BUILD_AS_EMBEDDABLE (for a reason I ignore)
> you're still free to add it in your personal repository copy.

Very well.

I have now spent the time to figure out how to patch the Rakefile,
instruby.rb, and bs.c to

a) build the framework relocatable
b) embed the patched bridge support metadata into macruby.framework itself
c) load patched bridge support metadata from inside macruby.framework
instead of the app bundle

So far it seem to works and the resulting version of MacRuby.framework
is suitable for embedding and can be treated just like any other
framework.

I've put my patches on GitHub:
http://github.com/mmower/embeddable-macruby/tree/master

Matt