[MacRuby-devel] Exposing c structs and functions

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Fri Dec 19 14:36:06 PST 2008

Hi Jim,

You're probably looking at an old BridgeSupport file. function_retval
and function_arg do not exist anymore since a very long time, and were
replaced by retval and arg.

You should be able to get the latest Foundation bridgesupport file
from here:

     /System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Resources/
BridgeSupport/Foundation.bridgesupport

Back to your new problem, I think your struct element is also wrong
(uses the old definition). I would look at the Foundation file and try
to mimic it. Also, you can generate the file by using
gen_bridge_metadata (from the command line) if your code is a
framework or a shared library. Finally, if you opt by writing the file
by yourself, it is always good to run an XML validation pass (the DTD
location is part of your XML declaration).

Laurent