[MacRuby-devel] Threads and iPhone

Vincent Isambart vincent.isambart at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 15:17:02 PST 2008

> Will it be easier to implement and manage multithreaded apps with MacRuby?
MacRuby's threads are exactly the same as Ruby 1.9. Nothing less nothing more.
When you say "easier", if you mean easier than ObjC perhaps a little
bit, but that's all.

> And will MacRuby be eventually rolled into iphone Dev?  Or is this one of
> those sensitive Apple NDA iPhone issues?
I think Laurent would not be able to reply about this one, but it
looks like you should not wait too much for an iPhone version of
MacRuby.
First, the iPhone is much slower than a Mac so MacRuby would be a
little slow. An other problem is that autozone (the GC used in ObjC 2
and MacRuby) does not seem to have an ARM version. Of course it's
probably doable (and maybe someone in Apple is working on it, I have
no idea) but well for the time being I would not count on it.