[MacRuby-devel] RubyCocoa layer

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Sun Jul 6 15:29:04 PDT 2008

On Jun 24, 2008, at 1:27 AM, Eloy Duran wrote:
>> - I wonder if it's necessary to commit the RubyCocoa samples in
>> sample-
>> macruby as you did. Ultimately we might be able to run all RubyCocoa
>> samples, but we probably don't want to have all of them in macruby-
>> sample, right? Maybe some of the samples could be moved in the test
>> directory, for testing purposes?
>>
>> I think people will be confused to see a RubyCocoa directory in /
>> Developer/Examples/Ruby/MacRuby.
>
> Hmm I understand, not 100% sure that moving them to test/ feels
> better,
> but let's see :)

Actually, since the RubyCocoa examples are already available in /
Developer/Examples/Ruby/RubyCocoa, and that in theory the layer should
just run them without any modification, why not just keeping a
RUBYCOCOA_README text file (like the one you wrote) with the list of
samples that work, and those which not. Or we can do this in the wiki
alternatively.

Anyway, the RubyCocoa samples should not IMHO be duplicated in sample-
macruby.

(Have a good vacation :))