[MacRuby-devel] books for learning cocoa

Jakub Suder jakub.suder at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 14:32:24 PDT 2008

Hello,

I read about the MacRuby project a few days ago, and I've decided it
would be nice to try to learn more about it, and then maybe actually
write some applications using it. But the problem is, while I'm quite
good at Ruby (I work as a Rails developer), I'm completely new to
Cocoa programming and even to Macs in general.

So I'd like to ask you, could you recommend me some [e]books or other
sources of information that would help me get started? Should I get
some book about general Cocoa programming (non-Ruby) at first? Or
maybe something about RubyCocoa, like this http://pragprog.com/titles/bmrc/rubycocoa
  ? How big difference is there between programming in RubyCocoa and
in MacRuby - is it small enough to be able to learn everything from a
RubyCocoa book and then just change a few simple things to adapt that
knowledge to MacRuby?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Jakub Suder