[MacRuby-devel] RubyCocoa layer

Eloy Duran eloy.de.enige at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 01:20:41 PDT 2008

Oh serious? It is still failing in my tests.
Here's the output of running the tests:

D..F........F........
Finished in 1.439062 seconds.

   1) should load AppKit when the osx/cocoa file is loaded is disabled

   2) Failure:
test_spec {NSObject additions} 002 [should call initialize from init
if it exists](NSObject additions)
method block (2 levels) in <main> in rubycocoa_test.rb at line 76
method run in test_case_adapter.rb at line 19
<"represent!"> expected but was
<nil>.

   3) Failure:
test_spec {NSObject additions} 011 [should be possible to call
super_foo type methods](NSObject additions)
method block (2 levels) in <main> in rubycocoa_test.rb at line 123
method run in test_case_adapter.rb at line 19
Exception raised:
Class: <NoMethodError>
Message: <"undefined method `super_init' for
#<TestRubyCocoaStyleSuperMethod:
0x26ec2f0>:TestRubyCocoaStyleSuperMethod">
---Backtrace---
/Library/Frameworks/MacRuby.framework/Versions/0.3/usr/lib/ruby/1.9.0/
osx/rubycocoa.rb:67:in `method_missing'
/Users/eloy/Documents/DEVELOPMENT/RubyCocoa/src/MacRuby/src/test-
macruby/rubycocoa_test.rb:36:in `init'
/Users/eloy/Documents/DEVELOPMENT/RubyCocoa/src/MacRuby/src/test-
macruby/rubycocoa_test.rb:123:in `block (3 levels) in <main>'
/Users/eloy/Documents/DEVELOPMENT/RubyCocoa/src/MacRuby/src/test-
macruby/rubycocoa_test.rb:123:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
/Library/Frameworks/MacRuby.framework/Versions/0.3/usr/lib/ruby/
site_ruby/mocha/test_case_adapter.rb:19:in `run'
---------------

The first failure tests if #initialize was called:

class NSObjectSubclassWithInitialize < OSX::NSObject
   attr_reader :set_from_initialize
   def initialize
     @set_from_initialize = 'represent!'
   end
end

NSObjectSubclassWithInitialize.alloc.init.set_from_initialize.should
== 'represent!'

And as you can see that still fails.... :/

Eloy