[MacRuby-devel] [ruby] #43: Add Turn On GC, Dummy, message to assertion in function ruby_xmalloc, file gc.c, line 296

ruby ruby-noreply at macosforge.org
Mon Mar 31 12:22:19 PDT 2008

#43: Add Turn On GC, Dummy, message to assertion in function ruby_xmalloc, file
gc.c, line 296
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  pierce at twinforces.com  |       Owner:  lsansonetti at apple.com
     Type:  defect                 |      Status:  new
Component:  MacRuby                |    Keywords:
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
 [Session started at 2008-03-31 09:46:42 -0700.]
 Assertion failed: (__auto_zone != NULL), function ruby_xmalloc, file gc.c,
 line 296.

 The Debugger has exited due to signal 6 (SIGABRT).The Debugger has exited
 due to signal 6 (SIGABRT).

 I'm guessing, but I bet that I have to turn GC on, because it has to be
 OFF for RubyCocoa, but ON for MacRuby. Someone should put a useful message
 on that assertion like "Hey dummy, turn on GC".

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/ruby/ticket/43>
ruby <http://ruby.macosforge.org/>