[MacRuby-devel] Stream of Consciousness Testing Log

Pierce T. Wetter III pierce at twinforces.com
Mon Mar 31 16:56:11 PDT 2008

On Mar 31, 2008, at 3:16 PM, Laurent Sansonetti wrote:
> Hi Pierce,
>
> A different person reported me the same problem a few minutes ago,
> and it turns out that the problem is not reproducible in trunk. I
> now remember that I fixed a few days ago a GC-related bug in the
> magic constants, which hasn't been backported into the testing
> branch yet. Could you by any chance try to reproduce your problem on
> trunk? That would be very useful.

  Wow, I'm so cool Laurent told me to use Trunk instead of that skanky
old testing branch!

  I rule!

  Ok, testing...

  svn co http://svn.macosforge.org/repository/ruby/MacRuby/trunk
MacRubyTrunk

... lots of downloading to do...

Checked out revision 124.

$ cd MacRubyTrunk
$ autoconf
$ ./configure --enable-framework --enable-fat-binary --program-
prefix=mac
$ make
$ sudo make install   <--- Bwa Ha Ha, you said rdoc was fixed in trunk!

  Hey, looks like its fixed. I'm getting a different error now:

/Users/pierce/svnProjects/build/Debug/Frictionless.app/Contents/
Resources/Action.rb:8:in `<class:Action>': undefined method
`blendedColorWithFraction_ofColor' for #<NSCachedRGBColor:0x17e6890>
(NoMethodError)
	from /Users/pierce/svnProjects/build/Debug/Frictionless.app/Contents/
Resources/Action.rb:4:in `<top (required)>'
	from /Users/pierce/svnProjects/build/Debug/Frictionless.app/Contents/
Resources/rb_main-mr.rb:28:in `require'
	from /Users/pierce/svnProjects/build/Debug/Frictionless.app/Contents/
Resources/rb_main-mr.rb:28:in `block in <main>'
	from /Users/pierce/svnProjects/build/Debug/Frictionless.app/Contents/
Resources/rb_main-mr.rb:26:in `each'
	from /Users/pierce/svnProjects/build/Debug/Frictionless.app/Contents/
Resources/rb_main-mr.rb:26:in `<main>'

  Generated by this line:

@@dueColor
=
NSColor
.redColor.blendedColorWithFraction_ofColor(0.5,NSColor.blackColor)

Hmmm... Is that because I'm using rubyCocoa style calls?

  Trying:

   @@dueColor=NSColor.redColor.blendedColorWithFraction(0.5,
ofColor:NSColor.blackColor)

  Ok, that worked. Oh, so I have to change all my old calls?

  Hmmm... That's going to be exhausting. I'll have to think about that
one, since it means a total code migration, 5700 lines to edit.

  Question, the docs imply that:

   person.setFirstName(first, lastName:last)

   Can't be written as:

   person.setFirstName(first, lastName: last)

   Is that true?

  Pierce