[MacRuby-devel] 0.2 available for testing

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Thu May 29 15:01:27 PDT 2008

On May 28, 2008, at 1:44 PM, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> On May 28, 2008, at 1:25 PM, Laurent Sansonetti wrote:
>
>> $ ./configure --enable-framework --enable-fat-binary --program-
>> prefix=mac
>
> Any chance we can make these configure args the default?  I mean,
> considering that we're really aiming at just one platform here...

The only problem I see here is that there is no option to disable --
program-prefix. You should be able to do --disable-framework and --
disable-fat-binary, though.

I also do not like that much these default args. Without them MacRuby
still builds. Since we are replacing many parts of the original
implementation, and also aiming at only one platform here, maybe the
best idea would be to throw autotools and use something else. Like a
Rakefile for example (we can assume that everyone will have ruby and
rake by default, since we require Leopard). Maybe there is a better
alternative too.