[MacRuby-devel] Debug Shell from GDB

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Sun Nov 9 11:57:24 PST 2008

This could potentially be possible, if the objc code runs in the GC
environment. You could load MacRuby.framework from GDB (using
NSBundle), then initialize the runtime ([MacRuby sharedRuntime]) then
start an IRB session, by evaluating the right expression (-
[evaluateString:]).

Otherwise if the objc app does not run under GC I don't think there is
an easy way to support this feature.

Laurent