[MacRuby-devel] Added new Rake task - deploy

Richard Kilmer rich at infoether.com
Mon Nov 10 21:33:18 PST 2008

All,

I added a new rake task for HotCocoa - deploy

To do this I also updated the Rakefile itself.  Now if you try and
macrake one of your existing HotCocoa projects you may see this:

Your Rakefile needs to be updated.  Please copy the Rakefile from:
/Library/Frameworks/MacRuby.framework/Versions/0.4/usr/share/
hotcocoa_template/Rakefile

This is instructing you to replace your existing Rakefile with one
mentioned in the error message (be careful if you have modified it!).

The new Rakefile is very minimal:

	require 'hotcocoa/application_builder'
	require 'hotcocoa/standard_rake_tasks'

	task :default => [:run]

The standard tasks (clean, run, build, deploy) are now in the
standard_rake_tasks.rb file.  This way we can keep these tasks up to
date without having to update your Rakefile in the future.  All new
Rakefiles when you execute hotcocoa <app> will include the new Rakefile.

The deploy task is just like the build task in that it creates
YourApp.app, but it additionally copies in the MacRuby framework.
This should enable you to take that .app and share it with another who
does not have MacRuby installed.

Best,

Rich