[MacRuby-devel] can't build trunk

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh at apple.com
Tue Nov 11 16:50:29 PST 2008

Erm.  I must have missed something.  Are you saying that rake build
and rake install don't work for you either?  I assumed you'd already
used those two commands to bootstrap yourself and then would use
macrake to do more esoteric stuff.  You'll need macrake, for example,
to build the HotCocoa stuff and can't just use "rake" for this, so
there's already some precedent for using rake itself somewhat
sparingly during the MacRuby bootstrap process and then switching
immediately to macrake..

- Jordan