[MacRuby-devel] Can't build trunk

Michael Winterstein parzival at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 24 18:45:03 PST 2008

On Nov 24, 2008, at 4:38 PM, Patrick Bennett wrote:

> No one?  I check out a clean copy of macruby, it fails to build
> (just running rake like it says), and NO ONE replies?  :(

I did have a similar problem.  I did things similarly - installed
first using the 0.3 binary, and then built from the trunk.  This
worked at least once, but failed sometime last week (I don't know if
it was r749 exactly, or if that's just when I tried it.)  It also
didn't work with r754.  I'm on a MBP as well, using 10.5.5.

Then today I tried using 'macrake' instead of 'rake' and it worked.
Since you did things similarly to me and should have macrake
installed, you could try it.

I was getting a different error, though (apparently an infinite loop).

-Michael