[MacRuby-devel] NSArrayController

Brad Wilson brad at lucky-dip.net
Thu Sep 25 18:29:00 PDT 2008

Hi,

Is it possible to use bind values using macruby?

I've been working through Hillegass' Cocoa Programming For Mac OS X,
converting the exercises to MacRuby.

I've hit a big of a snag in the RaiseMan exercise though. It uses an
NSArrayController as a binding for a table view. There is then a
NSDocument called Person which is bound to provide the values for the
table.

When I try to run this, I'm getting an error:
this class is not key value coding-compliant for the key employees

I've tried a number of different ways to make employees respond:
attr_accessor :employees
and also using a manual setter (in two different ways):
def employee=(val) end
def setEmployee(val) end

Neither seem to work.  Am I doing something wrong? Is this
unimplemented?

I've looked at a RubyCocoa implementation of this exercise, and they
just completely skip the NSArrayController and just set up a data
source.

Thanks for any help.

Brad