[MacRuby-devel] experimental branch: status update

Eloy Duran eloy.de.enige at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 02:16:26 PDT 2009

Hi,

On Apr 6, 2009, at 10:47 AM, Laurent Sansonetti wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I figured out that it would be a good idea to give periodical status
> updates on what's happening in the experimental branch, so here is
> the first one :)
>
> - The compiler is now able (AFAIK) to compile all the language
> specs, so I guess it's now roughly complete.
>
> - Lots of progresses on the RubySpecs - Eloy might want to comment
> here maybe :)

As Laurent noted we are now passing most language specs. The ones that
we don't pass yet are either because we simply fail, or these examples
(tests) are simply not updated for Ruby 1.9 yet. Which as you all know
is what MacRuby is based on. This is an area where all of you Ruby
devs can help out if you feel the need to get MacRuby up and running
asap but don't want to work on the C(++) code.

If there are people who would like to work on getting examples up-to-
date, please respond and I will try to give you an outline on a
workflow.

If you just want to run the specs use the spec:ci task.

One last question I have for everyone on the list. If there's someone
with a 32 bit intel machine, could you please please run the spec:ci
task and see if you get any failures?
It seems that, at least, because of a 32/64 bit issue some IO specs
are now failing on my machines and those of Laurent. Thanks in advance!

> - Thanks to everything above, IRB is now running!

Shweet! :-)

- Eloy