[MacRuby-devel] How to install MacRuby-experimental and keep the stable version 0.4

Eloy Duran eloy.de.enige at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 04:27:17 PDT 2009

On Apr 6, 2009, at 12:58 PM, Stéphane Wirtel wrote:

> Hi Eloy,
>
> Thank you for your reply,
>
> What's the relation between miniruby and MacRuby ?

miniruby is basically the same as the ruby binary that we all know and
love, but _before_ it is installed.
If you compile ruby (any MRI version) you will get this binary in the
source root.

Note that is does not add lib/ to the load path etc, so you'll need to
do add it yourself when needed. For instance:
$ ./miniruby -I./lib -e "require 'rbconfig'"

Eloy