[MacRuby-devel] experimental branch: status update

Eloy Duran eloy.de.enige at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 05:50:29 PDT 2009

>> As Laurent noted we are now passing most language specs. The ones
>> that we don't pass yet are either because we simply fail, or these
>> examples (tests) are simply not updated for Ruby 1.9 yet. Which as
>> you all know is what MacRuby is based on. This is an area where all
>> of you Ruby devs can help out if you feel the need to get MacRuby
>> up and running asap but don't want to work on the C(++) code.
>>
>> If there are people who would like to work on getting examples up-
>> to-date, please respond and I will try to give you an outline on a
>> workflow.
>>
>> If you just want to run the specs use the spec:ci task.
>>
>> One last question I have for everyone on the list. If there's
>> someone with a 32 bit intel machine, could you please please run
>> the spec:ci task and see if you get any failures?
>> It seems that, at least, because of a 32/64 bit issue some IO specs
>> are now failing on my machines and those of Laurent. Thanks in
>> advance!
>
> I am assuming the spec:ci task uses miniruby to run the tests
> currently, and will use miniruby or macruby in the future.
>
> Why not make a new task spec:ci32 that forces 32-bit execution on 64-
> bit machines using `arch -arch i386 miniruby` instead of `miniruby`?
>
> Just an idea.

The question is not on how to circumvent these failures, rather the
question is _if_ these failures don't occur on 32 bit machines.
Laurent and I both only have 64 bit these machines and we see these
failures, whereas Patrick who apparently has a 32 bit machine does not
see them.

The specs should ultimately pass on both archs, so we'd like feedback
from other people on 32 bit on whether or not they see these failures.

Eloy