[MacRuby-devel] hpricot and MacRuby

s.ross cwdinfo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 15:00:43 PDT 2009

I've been toying around with MacRuby and I'm particularly interested
in the MVC stuff that's been mentioned of late. I decided to do a
proof of concept that consumes an XML-RPC Web service and wanted to
parse it using hpricot. But... the gem won't build. Questions: Is it
just me or has this been an issue for others? If it's just me, any
ideas how to get the gem to build?

Here's the error

$ sudo macgem install hpricot
Password:
ERROR:  Error installing hpricot:

/Library/Frameworks/MacRuby.framework/Versions/0.4/usr/bin/macruby
extconf.rb install hpricot
checking for main() in -lc... *** extconf.rb failed ***
necessary libraries and/or headers.  Check the mkmf.log file for more
details.  You may need configuration options.

Thanks,

Steve