[MacRuby-devel] Getting the "Embed MacRuby" target working

Alex Vollmer alex.vollmer at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 20:43:10 PDT 2009

I've been trying to get my Xcode project setup correctly with the
"Embed MacRuby" target. I've made the two-line change as suggested in
tutorial and, unless I execute the target, I'm unable to load any Ruby
classes. So then I made the "Embed…" target a pre-requisite of my
application build. However when attempting to build after a clean, it
fails because I don't have the correct build directories in place. The
only way I could get it to work seamlessly regardless of project state
was to add a new script to my application build and copy the contents
of the "Embed…" task into the new task. Is there a better way of doing
this? I feel like I've missed something here.

Thanks,

Alex
----
Musings & Notes — http://alexvollmer.com