[MacRuby-devel] Any volunteers to help maintain http://www.macruby.org?

Matt Aimonetti mattaimonetti at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 22:01:26 PDT 2009

Alright, things are now setup and contribution should be easier (patches
against svn are also accepted).

How to contribute content for the website using github:

*  fork the website repo on github:
http://github.com/mattetti/macruby_website/
* clone and pull your branch locally
* create a new topic branch, work on the post, git rebase interactive/squash
commits
* push your branch/commit to your branch and email the list/me to let us
know that the article is ready
* I'll cherry pick your commit and push it to the svn repo
* after verification, Laurent will redeploy the site.

Advice:

* try to communicate with other contributors so we don't end up with 2
people working on the same post.
* if you want to cover something that isn't a status update or major change,
please get in touch with one of us or post to the mailing list.
* I might be on a trip or not available so don't hesitate to send me a
reminder or contact the mailing list if I don't get back to you.

Technical details about the blog engine:

The website is developed using webby http://webby.rubyforge.org/
You obviously need to have webby installed on your machine. ($ sudo gem
install webby)
Using $ webby autobuild will let you preview the site in your browser.(it
should run and open http://localhost:4331/)
To create a new blog post template, simply do: $ webby blog:post

Mike, if that's ok with you, could you write a tutorial ($ webby
create:tutorial ) on how to write and submit a blog post?

Thanks,

- Matt