[MacRuby-devel] Rake aborts reporting libsqlite3.0.dylib "not of required architecture"

Bruce Hobbs brucehobbs at engineeredsw.com
Sun Aug 23 20:29:27 PDT 2009

At 5:46 PM -0700 8/23/09, Laurent Sansonetti <lsansonetti at apple.com> wrote:

>The problem here is that you have a custom version of sqlite3 in /usr/
>local, not compiled for both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures, and
>picked by the linker since the Foundation system relies on it.
>
>The MacRuby build system looks in /usr/local/lib in priority because
>it's where the LLVM stuff is installed by default.
>
>I recommend to temporarily rename the library in /usr/local/lib and
>try again.

I moved the alias and everything seems fine now. Thanks!

I realize this probably isn't necessarily the best place to ask, but do you
happen to know if there was something I could've done during the sqlite3
installation so the library would've been compiled as the MacRuby
installation needs it? If not, I'll see about posting to a sqlite3 forum.
--
Bruce Hobbs, CCP, CDP  Engineered Software      Office:  626-570-8028
Partner                856 N Monterey St        Cell:    626-278-0273