[MacRuby-devel] [MacRuby] #503: connect to udp socket: getaddrinfo: nodename nor servname provided, or not known (SocketError)

MacRuby ruby-noreply at macosforge.org
Sat Dec 12 08:53:50 PST 2009

#503: connect to udp socket: getaddrinfo: nodename nor servname provided, or not
known (SocketError)
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  marick@…             |       Owner:  lsansonetti@…
     Type:  defect               |      Status:  new
Component:  MacRuby              |    Keywords:
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
 I'm on Snow Leopard (10.6.2), using xmpp4r. I can connect to the jabber
 server fine using Apple's stock Ruby (1.8.7 (2008-08-11 patchlevel 72))
 but not with MacRuby 0.5 (beta 2). When I try the same code with MacRuby,
 I get this:

 {{{
 core:in `connect:': getaddrinfo: nodename nor servname provided, or not
 known (SocketError)
         from
 /Library/Frameworks/MacRuby.framework/Versions/0.5/usr/lib/ruby/1.9.0/resolv.rb:690:in
 `initialize:'

 }}}

 That line is from this code in resolv.rb:

 {{{
      class ConnectedUDP < Requester # :nodoc:
        def initialize(host, port=Port)
          super()
          @host = host
          @port = port
 ==>          @sock = UDPSocket.new(host.index(':') ? Socket::AF_INET6 :
 Socket::AF_INET)
          DNS.bind_random_port(@sock)
          @sock.connect(host, port)
          @sock.fcntl(Fcntl::F_SETFD, Fcntl::FD_CLOEXEC) if defined?
 Fcntl::F_SETFD
        end

 }}}

 Here's the code:

 http://pastie.org/739072

 It's also attached, along with a huge sample(1) log

--
Ticket URL: <http://www.macruby.org/trac/ticket/503>
MacRuby <http://macruby.org/>