[MacRuby-devel] Error Handling

Robert Rice rice.audio at pobox.com
Tue Dec 29 17:42:00 PST 2009

MacRuby is working out well for my application with the exception of error handling. I find that I cannot get a traceback of all errors even when I have a rescue pushed on the stack. Sending a message to an undefined class action causes a hang with no error message that I cannot recover from. Nor can I always get useful information from the "bt" command in GDB if GDB even remains running after the error.

Is there a way to trace actions calls from NSApplicationMain?

Thanks,
Bob Rice