[MacRuby-devel] Ruby/SDL bindings with MacRuby (Cocoa?)

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Sat Feb 14 22:06:22 PST 2009

Timothy,

I don't think that the Ruby/SDL bindings can be used today inside
MacRuby. The extensions mechanism still suffers from problems.

While I'm not a Quartz expert I am pretty sure you can replace Ruby/
SDL by pure Mac OS X APIs, with as Quartz but also CoreImage,
CoreAudio, CoreAnimation, OpenGL (which can be called from MacRuby),
etc. Now it depends if you want to write cross-platform code.

HTH,
Laurent