[MacRuby-devel] HotCocoa subclassing NSView

Richard Kilmer rich at infoether.com
Tue Feb 17 04:33:08 PST 2009

This is how I would do it:

class MyNewView < NSView

   def drawRect(rect)
   end

HotCocoa::Mappings.map :my_new_view => :"MyNewView" do
   defaults :frame => DefaultEmptyRect, :layout => {}

   def init_with_options(view, options)
     view.initWithFrame options.delete(:frame)
   end
end

Then in your code you can just use it like any HotCocoa mapped class:

my_new_view :frame => [0,0,10,10]

etc.

-rich