[MacRuby-devel] Project status, goals, and other

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Fri Feb 27 21:58:17 PST 2009

Hi Tim and Giampiero,

The roadmap is still pretty well what we would like to achieve, the
only problem is that 0.4 should have been released a few months ago :-
( I changed the wiki page and in theory 0.4 should be out soon, I will
start working on this this week-end.

We need to reorganize the project's organization too. I have been
recently neglecting the maintenance of it as well as failing to give
status updates. Once 0.4 is released I really want to fix that and if
people want to help they are greatly welcomed.

On the list of organizational changes, we should have an official
repository on github (we will also keep the SVN repository in sync),
hoping that it will be easier for the community to contribute changes.
Also we will have a new website that should be more community-
friendly, featuring a more active blog and short articles (or recipes).

We will also start working on 0.5, which will be a very big release. I
will merge some preliminary work that I have done and we will make a
list of things that should be completed for that release.

If you have any idea or proposition please do not hesitate to drop
them also.

Laurent