[MacRuby-devel] HotCocoa patches

Eloy Duran eloy.de.enige at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 12:13:46 PST 2009

Hi,

Today I merged some patches by Alexander Flatter.
He wrote some test cases for HotCocoa, namely: mapping_test.rb,
mappings_test.rb, and plist_test.rb.
And he also merged and tested Vincent's patch #209.
http://www.macruby.org/trac/ticket/209

So first, thanks to you both! :)

There are still some problems, which may or may not be related to
MacRuby itself.
Where they do, they are most probably caused by the constant lookup
problem which was fixed. Or might need more fixing…
Alexander had to add a work around for this as well, see lib/hotcocoa/
object_ext.rb.

The tests in sample-macruby/HotCocoa/graphics/*.rb all have failures.
(Should these be moved to test-macruby/cases/hotcocoa btw?)
The samples however do work again. Calculater works seemingly, as does
LayoutView.
However Demo still has issues with the movie and web views.

Any input on it would be appreciated, because I myself haven't found
the time yet to really play around with HotCocoa.
Also, anyone feel free to revert any patch :)

This might also be a good time to add that in the future I would like
to encourage patches with test coverage.
I know it's hard to get into when there aren't much examples yet, but
we are slowly getting there. And since
time is already a rare luxury for everybody working on this, it will
be easier and faster to verify and apply patches.
Any thoughts on this subject are also very much appreciated.

- Eloy