[MacRuby-devel] hotcocoa - can't find executable

Robert Schaaf rwschaaf at comcast.net
Wed Jan 28 18:07:31 PST 2009

Hello everybody,

I'm new to these parts, so maybe this has already been asked and
answered.

When I first installed version 3, HotCocoa worked fine,  Now, somehow,
after a couple of months of not looking at it, this happens:

travelers-macbook-pro-17:~ traveler$ macirb
 >> require 'hotcocoa'
RuntimeError: framework at path `Cocoa' cannot be loaded: Error
Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4 UserInfo=0x16a1480 "The bundle
“Cocoa” could not be loaded because its executable could not be
located."
	from /Library/Frameworks/MacRuby.framework/Versions/0.3/usr/lib/ruby/
1.9.0/hotcocoa.rb:1:in `framework'
	from /Library/Frameworks/MacRuby.framework/Versions/0.3/usr/lib/ruby/
1.9.0/hotcocoa.rb:1:in `<top (required)>'
	from (irb):1:in `require'
	from (irb):1
	from /usr/local/bin/macirb:12:in `<main>'

Does anyone know why?  Is it a path probelm?  Where exactly is this
executable supposed to be?

Please help, and them I can get on to the heartbreak of macgem.

Thanks.,

Bob Schaaf