[MacRuby-devel] Distributing apps with MacRuby.framework

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Thu Jan 29 09:19:36 PST 2009

Dr Nic,

FYI, if you use trunk, there is an Xcode target that calls
install_name_tool for you. You still have to hack your rb_main.rb file
to change $LOAD_PATH, though. In the case of a HotCocoa application,
everything is done for you once you do "macrake deploy".

Laurent

On Jan 25, 2009, at 1:01 AM, Dr Nic Williams wrote:

> Yeah that does seem a lot simpler... :)
>
> On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 10:55 PM, Eloy Duran
> <eloy.de.enige at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey Nic,
>>
>> Wouldn't something like this be sufficient:
>>
>> $LOAD_PATH.unshift
>> File.join(OSX::NSBundle.mainBundle.privateFrameworksPath,
>> 'MacRuby.framework/Versions/Current/usr/lib/ruby/1.9.0')
>>
>> Eloy
>>
>> On Jan 23, 2009, at 12:04 PM, Dr Nic Williams wrote:
>>
>>> To fix up the $LOAD_PATH, I added the following to my rb_main.rb
>>> before "require 'hotcocoa'":
>>>
>>> local_path = $LOAD_PATH.find {|path| path =~ /CommitChat.app/}
>>> base_local_path = local_path.match(%r{.*CommitChat.app/Contents/})