[MacRuby-devel] I want to help too

Mike Sassak msassak at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 13:36:49 PDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 9:30 AM, Perry Smith <pedzsan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey, sorry to be a pest but my question about how to run a single test
> never got answered.  That would help save me some time:
>

> I tested with the trunk and it passes too.
>
> Is this the way to run a single test?
>
> ./mspec/bin/mspec run -I./lib -B ./spec/macruby.mspec -g fails
> ./spec/frozen/language/return_spec.rb --format spec
>
> Doing this way, the test that seg faults normally just errors out and then
> a few tests later we get a seg fault.
>
> I wanted to check and be sure the way I'm testing is right.
>
> Thanks,
> Perry

Hi Perry,

It's not entirely clear to me if the question you're asking pertains to the
best way to run specs for MacRuby, running a focused test under MSpec, or
both. If you're looking for the latter, check out the
-p and -e options. They allow you to run only those tests whose descriptions
match a regexp or string. E.g.

./mspec/bin/mspec run -B spec/macruby.mspec spec/frozen/language/for_spec.rb
-p 'splats multiple arguments'

Not quite as simple as specifying a line number, but it should do the trick.

HTH,
Mike